Posted March 10th, 2016 by Mr. Kern
As part of its commitment to life-long learning, the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs (STC) offers scholarships for summer programs/camps to District 54 students currently in Kindergarten through 7th grade who wish to broaden their education, talents and experiences.
A full and complete application must include all the following:
- Completed Identification & Verification Form
- Student Statement (consisting of one (1), two-part question with a maximum of 300 words) on the STC application form provided. Statement must fit on the front only of the page either typewritten, computer generated or neatly handwritten with text able to be clearly copied.
- A copy of the summer camp/program brochure with description (including cost information). Do not send entire catalog/website information.
- A copy of the completed application/registration form (no exceptions)
- A copy (not the original) of the parent/guardian PTA/PTSA membership card for the 2015-16 academic year, or written verification of PTA/PTSA membership from local unit membership chair or local unit president. (Parent/Guardian must be a PTA member at the school attended by the child applying for the scholarship. Must be a PTA member by March 1, 2016).Please note that any application not meeting all the criteria will be disqualified.
- No materials will be returned. Please do not staple/tape/paperclip anything together.
Scholarships will be awarded for the full cost of the summer program/camp up to $125.
All scholarship checks will be forwarded directly to the summer program/camp.
*One application per student
*No household will be awarded more than one (1) scholarship each year
*No student will be awarded a scholarship for more than two (2) consecutive years.
The summer program or camp must start on or after June 1, 2016 and be completed by September 1, 2016. To comply with the Bylaws of PTA, to be “noncommercial, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan,” a camp with the purpose of religious instruction will be ineligible for a scholarship.
Please return a completed application in a SEALED envelope to the school office marked Elementary Scholarship.
The deadline for submitting an application is WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30.
All candidates will be notified of committee decisions after May 1, 2016.
Scholarship recipients are encouraged to notify STC describing the benefits of having attended the camp/program for which the scholarship is received.
Please note that this program is not the same, nor is it affiliated with the Schaumburg Township Elementary School Foundation Memorial Scholarship Grant program.
Please click here for a copy of the grant application. Application 2016